Thursday, March 3, 2011

Some days aren't the easiest.

Yesterday I experienced a "hard Mommy day." I lost my patience by 11:15 am and wanted to check out for the day at 3:30. Not everyday is an easy day or even a good day when it comes to figuring out how to raise a 2 year old. You have to think about how you're going to discipline, what battles you're going to fight, remembering to encourage and acknowledge good behavior and how to handle tantrums while in public. Which leads me to one of the reasons for this post in the first place. I was at Hobby Lobby yesterday where I had to wait atleast 15 minutes in line (which seems to happen every time I go there). Hendrix was throwing the biggest/longest tantrum and I completely lost my patience. I'm usually pretty good about holding it together and directing his attention somewhere else but I couldn't do it today. Everyone was staring at me like, "Wow, you're a bad mom. Please get your child under control." I left really upset and kind of threw Hendrix into his car seat. He knew I was mad so he folded his arms the whole way home and didn't say a word. While I was stopped at a red light, I looked into the back seat and saw this:




I would also like to post a picture of Hendrix mid-tantrum because this is how I felt yesterday around 5:00 pm.





I love you buddy! Good days AND bad days.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A. Funniest video EVER! B. Cash has those same pajamas - awesome! and C. if it makes you feel any better we're there today:

Cash dumped an entire gallon of orange juice on him, his sister and all over the kitchen. (I took 15 seconds to go to the bathroom - silly mom.) While cleaning him up he was angry that I took him out of his Wonderland of Juice and I got kicked in the mouth which split my lip open. Yeah, let's just say he got his first bare bottom smack. Not a good way to start the day.

Today's going to be better for you both - I can feel it!

Marnae said...

Love the video of him in the car. Some days are much harder than others when it comes to raising children. I use to get soooo mad at Mark and Logan when they were two. They would always throw fits in public and at bedtime. I often lost my patience. Funny thing is, now they are older, they don't really have any recollection of my "not so patient" mommy days. Take care of yourself and remember you really are a terrific mommy!!

Julie said...

I love that little video... he looks mad and sorry at the same time. He's so precious. Hang in there sister. You're doing a great job. You're right... we love them no matter what! Good days and bad days!

Tony and Ashley said...

Oh my...it's hard not to laugh at that! I'm still trying to figure out how to be more patient because I swear they test mine on a daily basis! Hang in there....it gets better....I think! LOL! ;)

Cody and Wendy said...

Okay, I'm REALLY sorry you had a hard day, but I think it was worth it to get that priceless video. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, that look Hendrix gives. I can only picture him folding his arms (which I also LOVE) all the way home. I'm just sad I didn't get to witness it in person. I'm glad you made through it okay. You're a fabulous mom and we ALL have those days. Hang in there...

Brenda said...

This video was hilarious. I just barely got my computer working so I can see blogs again and it made me smile. You are doing a great job on the good and the bad days. Keep up the good work. Children certainly keep us happy and challenged all at the same time. Keep smiling.