Sunday, January 4, 2009

Blessing Day






We blessed little Hendrix today and I thought I would post a few of the pictures I took. I was really bad at taking pictures (socializing) but Wendy snapped some really good ones that I'm hoping I can steal from her. (Thanks Wendell! You're a really good sister!)
The day flew by quickly but went really well. Jordan gave Hendrix a beautiful blessing, and didn't even seem nervous, despite what he thinks. We had so many friends and family in our chapel, I think we took up 3 or 4 benches. I can't believe the incredible support system that we have in our lives. Hendrix has so many people he can trust and look up to. It was really neat to have Janson, Meagan and Julie with us since they all live out of town. We wish Balta could have been with us though.
After the blessing we had a little get together with just our family. It was just really simple and layed back, the way we like to do things. We had some delicious muffins and danishes from Costco! MMmmm.
Thanks to my mom for opening her house to all of us. Thank you Wendy, Mom, and Brooke for taking lot's of pictures. Thank you to everyone who came to the blessing. Thank you Jordan for being such an amazing husband and daddy. And thank you to my heavenly father for sending us this sweet little spirit. I love you all!
(More pictures to come)

6 comments:

Vickie said...

I kept telling Kent over and over during Sacrament Meeting "he's so tiny! he's so tiny!" Your little Hendrix is so cute. I really need to be a better neighbor and come over to see you. And reading your previous post made me laugh and cry at the same time, because I still remember those nights where I wouldn't sleep when Audrey was a newborn. I hope he starts sleeping in longer stretches for you! :)

Brenda said...

I don't think that this day could have been better. Thanks for sharing all of it with us and thanks for having Hendrix! He is a sweet, darling baby and we all love him so much!
Jordan and Amy...keep up the good work! Hendrix looked so cute in his sweater suit. Jordan gave a beautiful blessing and Amy you did great to get you and Hendrix ready and to the church BEFORE 9:00. What a beautiful day!

Erika said...

So sorry we missed it. My niece was blessed the same day. We were bummed not to be there, but I'm glad it went well. We miss you guys and can't wait to meet the cute little guy.

brie said...

your mini man is the most adorable thing on the face of the earth. bran and i were so sorry we couldn't come yesterday...but we were thinking of you. give hendrix a kiss for me!

Justi said...

Congrats, Amy! Hendrix is darling and it sounds like the blessing was a huge success. I'm really happy for you guys!

Brooke said...

So cute, and Jordan did a wonderful job. :) That reminds me, I have a few pictures of your little family to send you from that day....