Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Stuck.


After all of our "May Adventures," we haven't had much going on lately. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE not having ANYTHING to do once Hendrix goes to bed, besides the usual dirty dishes, laundry, cleaning, love making (oops) yard work, etc... but lately I feel like a frog stuck in a bucket. Don't ask why I just compared myself to a frog in a bucket, it was the first analogy I could think of.

I pretty much lack the motivation to cook anything right now. Poor Jordan comes home from work everyday, hoping there will be a good old home-cooked meal on the table but instead is greeted with, "Hey babe, where do you want to go for dinner?" Tonight I managed to thaw some frozen soup and heat up some garlic bread for dinner though. Does that count?

I have been putting off finishing Hendrix's baby scrap book, but seem to be haunted by the piles of un-organized photos and scrap book paper underneath my bed. Today I attempted to sort through the pictures on my memory stick but got overwhelmed and decided to play with my crazy son instead. (WAY more fun!)

My toilets probably need to be cleaned, but let's be honest... who wants to do that?

The picture wall I started needs some TLC and updating, but I feel like the creativity has been sucker-punched right out of me. I wish someone would light a torch under my bum instead.

I have been wanting to paint an accent wall in our basement family room, but... yep you guessed it, I can't decide on a paint color. Maybe gray, since I'm so boring right now.

I don't know if I'm asking for help, advice, or just wanting to write down my unmotivational thoughts. Whatever it is, I think I feel a little bit better admitting my laziness to you all.

4 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

I want to light a torch under your bum...that'd be fun! P.S. You NEVER lack creative abilities-you're always coming up with awesome ideas that I LOVE to copy! :)

Tony and Ashley said...

I love it! You are so funny! I feel the same way pretty much everyday! There's just so much to do and I never feel like doing any of it....and usually I don't have the time! I went through the same thing with dinner, too- I decided to just stick to simple recipes! Simplifysupper.com and the campbell soup recipes are both easy and fast recipes...good luck! ;)

Julie said...

That was hilarious! I think it's the heat.

Brenda said...

It is okay to feel like a frog. I bet your body needs some down time from all of your May activities. You have been on a trip and took your whole ward to Hawaii and did a great job. You are wise to listen to your body and take some time to rest a bit. And...the most important thing you can do is play with Hendrix. Look how much that little boy loves that frog. (: You are a great wife and mom...keep up the good work. In a couple of days you will feel like cleaning the bathroom, baking and doing projects again. It will all still be waiting for you. (: