Friday, March 27, 2009

Surgery Day

Hendrix had his surgery yesterday, as most of you know. I hardly slept the night before and was a wreck on the way to the hospital, crying and praying the whole way up there. After Hendrix went into surgery Jordan had to leave to present his senior project they had been working on all semester (good timing... right?) So I was by myself... enough said. They called me in after the surgery was done and I could hear Hendrix screaming all the way down the hall. It took me 20 minutes to finally calm him down, feed him, and rock him to sleep (STILL by myself at this point). My sweet Mom came up with some lunch for me and held Hendrix while I tried to sleep a little. Then cute Wendy, Annie and Erin all came to visit. You can read Wendy's blog about her experience, she was so nervous about Hendrix being able to breath ok. She was nice enough to bring me a few things that I needed and it was so good to see some friendly faces. Jordan finally made it back to the hospital and later found out that his group won first prize and $100.00 each... I guess all the hard work paid off. I pretty much slept ZERO hours last night in the hospital but was able to take a nap at my mom's house today while she watched Hendrix. (What I wonderful Mom I have!) He did really well with the surgery and recovered pretty dang quick. He's quite the happy boy today, just a little fussy and still a little bit groggy. I'm hoping he will continue to heal quickly and sleep well tonight. He did such a good job and I'm so thankful for everyone who prayed for us and thought about us yesterday. Here are a few pics.

My cute boy late last night, lookin pretty content.

Hendrix loves his Daddy.

Right out of surgery... poor guy.

Right before surgery, his pajamas were so big on him!

Look at those chunky legs!

9 comments:

Vickie said...

I'm glad to hear things went well. I'm sorry you didn't sleep much and that it was rough. :( But it'll be good in the long run, right? Oh, and congrats to Jordan on winning first prize! That's great!

Nick and Megan said...

Great to hear the little guy powered right through the procedure. I hope he recovers quick. We do need to hangout. Congrats Jordykins on the project.

Collie and Zach said...

wow amy! I cannot even imagine having gone through what your little family has had to. I am so glad everything went good and Hendrix looks like he was a champ.

The Weston's said...

we were thinking of you! I'm so glad that he is doing well :)

Brenda said...

Hendrix did great getting through all of that and so did mom and dad. That is a hard thing to watch your baby go through surgery. You all did so well and I am soooo glad that Hendrix did so well. He is a little trooper. I know that he had lots of people praying for him and he was blessed. He has a wonderful Mommy and Daddy, too. Lucky baby! We are soooo glad that he will breathe easier because of the surgery. It was worth it all.

Erika said...

Glad it all went well. You never really think you'll have to go through those things, but I'm glad he and you did great. Let us know if we can do anything.

Julie said...

Look at those legs! I want to squeeze the crap out of them! I am so proud of your little trooper... he did such a great job, and so did you mom and dad! Hang in there...

Cody and Wendy said...

I can't imagine as the mom having to watch my little baby have surgery. I was stressed for him and he's only my nephew. You did great Aimers and I LOVE that Hendrix can breath better now! Well worth it! We're so glad he is doing better and that you caught up on some needed rest.

brie said...

I'm not sure what the surgery was for, but soso glad he made it through alright! I can totally empathize with you; when CAde got surgery at 18 months I was an absolute wreck too - and in the recovery room he screamed for TWO HOURS before they finally just let us leave, I think, because they couldn't take it anymore.

Glad he's okay...:)