Monday, February 23, 2009

Taking after his mom.


Hendrix found his thumb for the first time today!!!!! He has been sucking on his hands for the past couple of weeks but he finally got his thumb in there. I have been wanting him to accomplish this simple act ever since he was born and have even tried to shove it in his mouth a couple of times. Most of you know that I constantly had my thumb in my mouth and blanket to my cheek most of my childhood. I honestly sucked it until I was like 6 years old. I remember playing 4 square in the driveway with the neighborhood kids and having to run inside every once and awhile to quickly suck my thumb and rub my blanket on my cheek, which was kept right by the front door for easy access. My Dad tells me about the massive wound I created from the constant sucking and never thought it would go away. Unfortunitely... I have buck teeth now. LOL! I bet you never thought I would admit that! Well, I was a good baby because of it and I'm hoping Hendrix will catch on and learn to comfort himself. Go thumb suckers!

6 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

You're funny! Are we opposite or what? I was pulling Bentley's thumb out and you're shoving it in! I love it! Way to go Drix! Sure love ya little guy.

Anonymous said...

Yay for thumb suckers! I was a thumb sucker too. Cash will suck/chomp on his thumb for a while but then he stops caring about it - ah well. Maybe it will be interesting later. Way to go little Hendrix.

Erika said...

I totally was a thumb sucker until I was four and finally told my parents I would stop if they bought me a popple! (Remember those?!) Braces for sure because of it, but my mom tells me I was a great baby. That's probably why!

Clint and Shari said...

Carter is a total thumb sucker and he for sure was my best baby. He would comfort himself! YAY for that! Bad thing is he still is a thumb sucker and you can't get rid of a thumb! I love it though!

Clint and Shari said...

Hey Am~ My mom wants an invite to stalk your blog! Here is her email address: subie_8@hotmail.com

Thanks

The Weston's said...

yeah for the thumb suckers- hope he keeps it up for ya!