1. Our blessed shower drain decides that it's time to clog every few weeks and believe it or not... it's that time. I get the chills thinking about standing in dirty/soapy/slimy/dead skin filled water while I'm lathering the rest of my body, TRYING to get clean.
2. Our toilet also has a mind of it's own. It runs all day and all night unless you patiently wait for it to fill up after you have flushed it, and then jiggle the handle. This is not so convenient in the middle of the night when you can barely open your eye balls and you have to stand around for 30 seconds while the toilet takes it's time to fill up. STUPID.
3. Square footage is a major issue here at Park View. We have discussed knocking down a wall or 2 and creating a sweet 1600 foot apartment with 4 bedrooms, 2 kitches, and 2 bathrooms (I don't know how well this would go over with Judd though). Instead, we are snug as bugs in a rug in our 800 square feet, which leads to numero quatro.
4. Storage. I should probably reference Taisley's blog when it comes to the storage issue, but I'm not going to, I'll just complain instead. Half of my clothes are underneath our bed in plastic bins because I have no room in my closet. My shoes are stacked in boxes and thrown in one big pile on my closet floor resulting in issue of finding the "other" shoe. I cannot buy holiday decorations because there is no where to store them. Thankfully our parents have stored a few of our belongings until we have a home for them all.
5. (Oh dear, this is going to be a lengthy post... sorry) Neighbors/smoking. We had a problem with cigarette smoke coming through our vents recently until Warren put the smack down on the people below us. Now it's not as prevelent but still seeps through the vents or windows every once and awhile. Jordan refers to our house as an ash tray now.
6. Cleaning up after people. Let's be honest... the cleaning we do around here has slowed down a bit since we've been doing it for 4 years and we're just sick and tired of it. Plus, having a baby makes it a little more difficult. And... people are just gross. Who leaves trash in the halls, garage NEXT to the garbage can, and gum on the walls? Gross people is the answer.
7. Crying baby + Shared walls = Not so happy neighbors. Sometimes we want to let Hendrix cry for a bit in his crib so that he can learn to self soothe and fall asleep on his own. Well, when you share walls, a floor and a ceiling, it can be a little bit tricky. I'm sure our neighbors hate us and dread night time around here. Oh well...
8. No garage. I don't mind this as much as Jordan does, but it does kind of suck. I don't have much more to say about this one. If you really want a strong opinion on the subject, call Jordan.
9. Swamp Coolers. When I hear the word SWAMP COOLER, I automatically think of a big stinky swamp monster and that's what I feel like in the summer around here. I cannot wait for central air! I feel so badly for people who don't even have swamp coolers though... I guess I should be a little bit more grateful but this post is about complaining, so there you go.
10. Last but not least, Privacy. I hate that a million people can get into our apartment if they need to. I have been walked in on atleast 4 times now and find it pretty embarrasing sometimes. And I hate that every little noise we make, someone, somewhere can hear it.
3 comments:
Oh Parkview! But it does have its benefits right?....Like meeting us! But I know what you mean. I'm excited to see your guys new house. Yeah!
Also, one for our favorite things about Parkview was the notes you'd leave by the garbage cans!
You crack me up! You'll be in a house before you can blink and then you'll forever laugh about the Parkview memories. Remember our Cedar City "studio" apartment! Oh the memories! We'll keep our eyes open for you guys!
Oh Amy, I shouldn't have read that post, I wanna move into apartments! LOl well I guess I shouldn't complain too much about cleaning up a few dirty dishes after the boys at our home...but even with yore complaints its would be kinda nice to have our own place with a kitchen that's all ours!
Post a Comment