Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adrianne & Cody

I was so sad to find out that my childhood friend Adrianne Mcbride died in a car accident on Sunday morning, she was 23 years old. I remember cutting through McRiley golf course almost everyday to play with Adrianne, Brad, Rachel and Mckenzie who all lived in the same neighborhood. Adrianne was such a sweet girl and I loved her family so much. She had an amazing relationship with her mom and sisters. We grew up in the same stake and went to many youth conferences and girls camps together but I wish we would have stayed better friends through out high school. I know she was so loved and will be missed. My mom was asked to play the violin at her funeral on Thursday to one of my favorite hymns. I pray that her family will have peace in their lives and know that they will be with her again one day. Here is the link to her beautifully written obituary.
http://www.legacy.com/SaltLakeTribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=123953413



I am adding to this post because I recently found out that another dear friend of mine passed away on Sunday too. Cody Shafer, 23 years old. Cody and I rode the bus home from school everyday, his stop was right before mine. We had the same teachers in elementary school and looked forward to sitting by eachother every morning and afternoon on the bus. He was always so sweet to me and we remained good friends through out highschool. I will always remember his bright eyes and loud laugh. I will miss my 2 friends but know that I will see them again one day. I hope they know how loved they were. Here is the link to Cody's obituary.
http://www.legacy.com/saltlaketribune/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonId=123987250&IADID=Search-www.legacy.com-www.sltrib.com

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I was shocked when I heard the news - I'm sure you've heard that Cody Shafer passed away on Sunday as well.

Julie said...

That is so sad. I cannot believe how many people have died this year, who I personally know. It really makes me upset. We are way too young to have friends passing away.