Sunday, September 28, 2008

Some Updates


Mmmmmm... PEACHES

I would like inform you all that I have been completing my list of "Things I want to learn how to do!" My cute neighbor Taisley read my blog and called me up on Friday to see if I wanted to come can peaches with her and her mother-in-law. I was so excited I peed a little in my pants. We had so much fun and it was a lot easier then I thought it would be. And now I want to can EVERYTHING! (I feel like being so domestic lately)

I also signed up for knitting classes at Gardner Village. How exciting is that going to be?!?! I guess we start making a scarf in the first class, then finish it in the 2nd class. They also have tons of other classes I'll probably dive into eventually. I can't wait!




MY FIRST BABY SHOWER!!!

I thought I would just add to this post that I had my first baby shower on Saturday. (And I sadly realized that I didn't take any pictures). Once again Taisley jumped in and offered to throw me a shower along with Erica Banks who use to live here in Parkview with us. It was a beautiful day in Erica's AMAZING backyard with lot's of friends, family and yummy snacks. I am so grateful to both of them for all of their hard work and sweet gifts. Thanks again you guys! I couldn't ask for better friends.
Since I can't take pictures of every gift I have been given, I thought I'd take a picture of the nursery which is still kind of a work in progress.



5 comments:

Vickie said...

Your nursery is so cute!! Thanks for inviting me to your shower. It was so much fun! Your peaches look yummy too!

Julie said...

Holy cow... that room looks so adorable!!! I can't wait to see it in person. Sorry I missed your shower. Love ya sis.

Rick and Danielle said...

I love the nursery! I also love how you peed your pants a little over canning peaches. Could we call this the "nesting" period? :o)

Jessica said...

Hi! I stumbled onto your blog through Danielle's blog! Your nursery looks great! Congrats!!

Clint and Shari said...

I love the picture of Elder Canevari on the dresser. What a great person for your little one to look up to! Cute nursery :)