Since my favorate holiday is just around the corner, I have been thinking a lot about "love" lately. What does it mean? Is it different for everyone? Why do we fall in love and how do we fall in love?
It's interesting to witnss how love grows and becomes something completely different than you ever expected it to be. I don't really know what love is for everyone else, but for me it is something like this.
Love is knowing all about someone and still wanting to be with them more than any other person. Love is trusting someone enough to tell them everything about yourself, including the things you might be ashamed of. Love is feeling comfortable and safe with someone, but still getting butterflies in your stomach when they walk into a room and smile at you. Love is when your soul is at peace.
I feel like your love for someone should never "change" but maybe become something more... an addition to what you already have. I think falling in love is kind of like planting a garden. You plant something beautiful together and watch it grow but without proper maintanance and care, it won't grow and can even die. Always remove the weeds, rocks, bugs and anything else that can destroy what you have created. As you go throughout life together you can add to your garden and enjoy what it produces, together. (I'm hungry for salsa now! MMMM!)
I hope you all take the time to sit down and really think about what love means to you. I hope you all post something about your significant other, telling them how much they mean to you and how much you love them. I think it's so important to tell the people you love, how much they mean to you... everyday. Why not? You have nothing to lose. I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day and maybe this year, it will mean something different to you.
I dedicate this post to Jordan, my love. I love you shmoops!
3 comments:
Love this post, Amy. I've been thinking about what love means a lot too! For us, it means moving many states away to follow a career choice. Definitely love!
Oh...I LOVED that post! THANKS sister! I called Webster and have already sent them an email for their new definition of LOVE! :) Thank me later when you're famous!!
I am a friend of Meghan's. before you blocked your blog I didn't get a chance to have you add me if that is okay. my email is heidi@stewart-sundell.com You have a cute family! Love your little boys name!
Post a Comment