Wednesday, July 15, 2009

7 Months Old

Hendrix is 7 months old today! I absolutely LOVE this age right now seem to be enjoying the "not quite mobile" stage more than I thought. Hendrix might be the happiest baby in the world and loves to smile at everyone. So what is a 7 month old baby up to? I'll let you know...

Drix is showing no signs of crawling (probably because he hates his stomach so much) but rolls all over the place. He mostly gets around while laying on his back and pushing his feet against the carpet. It's like a little inch worm trying to move around... pretty entertaining to watch.

His new thing is pounding his legs on the floor, his crib, wherever. In the middle of the night you can sometimes here him kicking away in his crib. He does the same thing with his arms but I would say he favors kicking those chunky legs of his.

He makes some very interesting sounds and always makes us laugh when he comes up with a new one. The latest is sucking in really hard and kind of gasping, it's pretty funny.

He has a bottle every 3 1/2 hours and eats solids twice a day. He also eats little pieces of bread, corn, fruits, crackers and anything else we might be having for dinner. He's kind of like a little puppy who eats all the crumbs that fall to the floor. He can pick up pieces of food between those tiny little fingers and get them into his mouth somehow.

Weighing in at 18.3 pounds (60th percentile) and is 27.5 inches long (80th percentile) I'm glad he didn't get my shrimpy jeans. He can thank his daddy later.

Recently he has started to reach for us and I just can't resist picking him up!

I like to compare Hendrix to a cupcake. Everybody loves 'em and they are so irresistable. YUM!


P.S- My absence in the blogging world is due to my infatuation with the Twilight series. I thought it would be fun to read New Moon again since the movie is coming out in November but of course, I got sucked into vampire world and had to read Eclipse and Breaking Dawn (even thought I have read them all 3 times now) Jordan reminds me how big of a loser I am and that I don't really have a life. I'm just glad Hendrix takes 3 naps a day so I can get my Twilight fix. I finished Breaking Dawn today (with a slight tear in my eye) so maybe I'll be a better blogger.

3 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

A.) You're a dork because of your vampire fetish - but I still LOVE you even though you want to be Bella :) B.) Hendrix is the cutest thing alive! I just can't get enough of him! C.) Love ya!

Anonymous said...

So fun! Cash has his nine month appt today and it's what I've been waiting to blog about. Isn't it fun to be a mom!?!?!?

Clint and Shari said...

Hendrix has the cutest smile:) And I am glad that you LOVE the twilight series as much as I do!!