Our little guy made his grand entrance into this world on December 15th at 12:51 pm. He was 20 1/2 inches long and weighed in at 7.02 ounces. He has a little bit of hair (nothing like Bentleys) with most of it on the back of his head, like a mullet. So far his eyes are a dark blue/grey color but will most likely change to something else. He is SOOOO cute and we love him too death! Below is my side of the birth story.
I woke up at 3:30 am to an intense contraction and layed in bed for a few more but couldn't take it anymore. Not wanting to wake Jordan up quite yet, I watched a little Saved By The Bell and breathed through the contractions as they became more intense and more frequent. I woke Jordan up at 5:30 and let him know that I was going to take a shower and that we should probably go to the hospital soon. Jordan got up a bit later and showered. I told him he could eat breakfast because I wanted to stay at home as long as a could. I didn't want to show up in labor and delivery only to find out I was dialated to a 3 1/2 or something. So we headed to the hospital at 7:00 am in the FREEZING cold! Contractions really suck, but when it's 19 degrees outside... you can't even breathe through them cuz your body is shaking so bad. We got there and had to wait for some stupid lady to check in (who ALREADY had her baby, in a car seat) so I sat down and tried to focus on breathing. They finally got me into a room and found out I was dialated to a 5, YAY! The nurse asked me if I wanted an epidural and I quickly replied, "PLEASE!" They had me roll onto my side while we waited for the epidural man to get there, who decided to stop for lunch on the way in. By the time he got there I was dialated to a 6 and quickly progressed to a 7 after the epidural. I had to have an IV with antibiotics for atleast 4 hours and the nurse didn't want to check me again until it was gone. Well, 3 hours later she checked me and I was fully dialated. So, they called the doctor and had me start pushing a little. Being a good pusher + doctor REALLY taking his time = baby in birth canal for atleast 20 minutes. When Hendrix was born, the cord was wrapped around his neck twice and there was quite a bit of maconium in his lungs. His little face was so bruised and his nose was really smashed, they thought it might be broken. But everything ended up being okay and we were sent upstairs to recover.
Julie and Balta were up here all weekend hoping Hendrix would come, but he decided to come the day after they left. Judy and Judd were in Texas for Janson's graduation, so the only people at the hospital were my mom, dad, wendy, annie and bentley. Thanks to everyone for all the help and support at the hospital and since we've been home. I love you all so much!
16 comments:
Congratulations to both of you! Babies are so exciting! I can't tell who he looks like yet, but he's a cutie! Good luck with everything! I'm glad everything went well!
CONGRATULATIONS!! He is beautiful. Im glad everyone is healthy!
Can't wait to meet him!!
Merry Christmas you guys!
LOVE YOU
Congrats!! I am so excited for you guys! (Angie wrote something on her blog for you...you should look!) Anyway, Hendrix is such a dang cute name...and he is adorable!
Congratulations! We've been waiting to hear his name and see pictures. Such a cutie, and I'm glad everything went well. We need to come see you guys and the cute little guy as well. YEAH!
Congratulations!!! That sounds like a quick labor (relatively speaking). I can't wait to see him. I love the name!
Good work AMY! Congratulations to all of you! Hendrix is such a darling little guy.
P.S. Way to watch Saved by the Bell to take your mind off of things. :) LOL
He is DARLING! Congrats! I am glad all went well. You are going to be great parents
AWE my goodness. Looks like he has light hair, how cute!! I'm so glad everything went well and he's here, happy, and healthy. Congrats!!
Congratulations! He is adorable....we are so excited for you!
YAY!!! Your little one is so cute!!! I love his name... I'm so glad everything went good for you. I need to come bring you a little something, I will wait till after the crazy holidays. I'm so excited for you he is super cute and you look great!!! I can't wait to come see you I'm super baby hungry haha
Congratulations! What a beautiful little guy you have! I absolutely LOVE his name! I hope all continues to remain well.
Oh my how cute is he!!!!!! I can't even stand it. When you need a babysitter call the Simpers! We have something for lil Hendrix. I'll have Erik call Jordan to set up a visiting time. We are so so happy for you, it's so weird he was inside you Amy. Congrats!!!!
These are beautiful pictures and we love baby Hendrix soooooooooooo much. You are such a good mom Amy and Jordan is a great dad also. Lucky baby to come to your home. We are so happy for all of you and especially happy that Hendrix is out of your stomach so we can all see him and you can move again. He is a beautiful baby!
he is way too cute- I can't WAIT to do his pics!
He is a Keeper! I love the name Hendrix, too! Congrats. We are very excited for you.
Yae! Congratulations Amy! We are so excited for you and wish you and your little family all the best!
Post a Comment