Thursday, August 21, 2008

Elder Ben Snow Canevari


I'm sure most of you read all about Ben's Farewell on Julie and Wendy's blogs, so instead of being repetative I thought I'd add a few thoughts I have about Ben and the awesome brother that he is. By the way... I have been putting off posting this because it makes me so sad that he is leaving soon. I know he will be an incredible missionary but I'm going to miss his guts!


*Ben has his own special way of pestering each and every one of us. Annoying as this can be, I know I'm going to miss every minute he makes me want to smack him.
* There is nothing like a brother with a sincere, caring heart for all 4 of his sisters. He has a way of letting us know that he loves us all so much and wants the best for us.
* People are just drawn to Ben for some reason. He has so many friends who faithfully visit him after each surgery or just stop by to hang out for a bit.
* Ben is such a good example to all of his friends and I am so proud of him for sticking to what he believes in despite what everyone else might think.
* He makes me laugh when I'm sad, smile when I don't feel good, and hug him even when he's being annoying. He is the brother that everyone wishes for.
* He has grown up so ridiculously fast. I remember playing with him in his crib everyday when I was little. I LOVED just sitting there, watching him all day. He has grown into such a handsome young man.
* Ben has a heart the size of Alabama and I know the people there will love him and be drawn to his incredible testimony. I am so excited for him! I just want him to know how much I love and support him during this incredible time in his life.


7 comments:

brie said...

Why do you all have the same middle name? Did your mom get bored or just stop caring??

I hate when boys go on missions. I've decided I don't want Cade to go. Boo them leaving! I miss you. We should play!

Brenda said...

Amy what a wonderful post! I loved all the things you said about Ben. They made me smile and cry. I remember you continually being in Ben's face when he was little. You always watched over him and loved him so much. I know Ben will miss "the little one" also.

The Weston's said...

I would have never guessed that your dad taught scuba lessons- heck yes! {I don't think i could get Warren under the water- it might be a solo class}
:)

Julie said...

Tell Brie to stop leaving rude comments on your blog please!

Great idea on changing things up... I loved everything you wrote. You're such a great writer! I will miss Benny Boo Boo a lot too... he's all grown up!

See you this weekend!

Rick and Danielle said...

I tagged you! :o) Check my blog

brie said...

Hey remember when you hated me before you even met me?

Yeah, me too.

brie said...

Lover, I was totally kidding!