Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween.....

So today is Halloween and I haven't updated my blog for a little while, which leads me to blog about this least favorite holiday of mine. I REALLY don't like Halloween and a lot of people can't seem to understand why I feel this way. So, I thought I would REMIND all of you why I think Halloween is dumb and hope that you will stop asking (especially Jordan).
My lack of love for Halloween began sometime in elementary school and I can't seem to pinpoint when or how it all happened. I only remember ONE costume I wore during my 7 years in elementary school. I was Snow White in 2nd grade and I remember feeling so stupid wearing a black wig and poofy dress as I paraded around Parkside Elementary. I hated the people that put fake blood all over their faces or wore scary masks. I did enjoy the Halloween parties we had, but dressing up was never fun to me.
I think Halloween is just an excuse for girls to strip down to practically nothing and somehow think it's okay. Playmates and Victoria Secret Models are NOT costumes people. Put your clothes back on, it's 50 degrees outside!!!!!
I think the only people who should dress up are children under the age of 12 (and please don't put your cats and dogs in costumes). People who are older than that should not go trick-or-treating despite what they might think. When we eventually get a house, I will have a "special" treat bucket for the lame teenagers that come to my door on rollar blades, which contains pencils, dum dums or little tootsie rolls.
And finally, I just don't understand why people pay big bucks to have people jump out and scare you in haunted houses. You can pay me $1.00 and I'll hide in your closet and jump out wearing a scary mask. Seriously, haunted houses are $15.00 a person now! RIDICULOUS!
Maybe I have a bad attitude, or maybe I was scarred for life when I dressed up as Snow White, but for some strange reason, I would rather enjoy October 31st like any other regular day of the year. Hopefully when I have little tikes running around I'll get more into it all. Thanks for reading my negative post!

7 comments:

Cody and Wendy said...

Negative Nancy...calm down, you might go into pre-term labor! YIKES - so how do you REALLY feel! :) J/K sis! Next year will be WAY fun when you can dress your little tyke up! Be patient...until then, I will NEVER again ask you why you hate Halloween! :) Love ya!

Cody and Wendy said...

P.S. We didn't dress Chief up just so you don't have a heart attack! Okay, so really Cody was ANTI too! He shares your dis-pleasure of people dressing up their poor animals! I on the other hand, think it's pretty funny! :)

Tony and Ashley said...

You're too funny! I've always felt the same way about Halloween...until I had Macie. Once your baby comes I think you'll like it a little more. It's kind of fun to dress them up! Better luck next year!

brie said...

me no likey halloween either. mostly i hate that it's so damn expensive. i mean, why would i want to dress up when it's going to cost me 50 bucks? lame lame lamazoid.

and, if i had a dog, i'd dress him up and take him trick or treating to your door. i swear i would!

Vickie said...

I totally agree with you! I didn't like it much as a kid, I've always hated haunted houses and I think it's lame now. And it didn't get any better now that I have Audrey, although it is fun to dress her up and see how cute she gets. I think this is a holiday I'll always be a "scrooge" for. (and I love what you said about the stupid VS model "costumes"--ridiculous!!)

Rick and Danielle said...

ahahaha! Glad you got all that off your chest. Before I go to a haunted house next time, I'll remember you're $1 offer.

Brenda said...

If you look at the dog's face, it doesn't look like he likes getting dressed up for Halloween either.